background

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Laiken

My little princess is really growing up. This morning she insisted on wearing her Easter dress. She explained to me in length that she would have to wear the short sleeve sweater that goes with it because it is cold outside. (80 degrees today is the high) She said she will need the little sweater to cover her shoulders so she can stay warm. The entire conversation was so animated and serious. After she put the sweater on, she asked me to button it. She can handle the snap buttons on her pants, but not the type of button you push through the hole. I showed her how to do the first one. She did the next three. She did it by herself, just like that, after only watching me do one. She is so amazing to me! There are so many other things she does that show me she is a little girl and not a toddler anymore. She sat in the chair at the movies Tuesday. Which may not sound like much, but it was the first time she has ever done that. On top of sitting by herself, it was a 3-D movie, and she wore the glasses for the whole movie. When we use a public restroom, she goes in a stall by herself. At our favorite restaurant, Chik-fil-A, the toy in the kids meal can be turned in for an ice-cream. After we finish eating, Laiken always takes the toys to the counter and exchanges them for ice-cream. They will ask her cup or cone, and she decides. She speaks loudly and clearly with confidence so they can hear her. She carries her and Jack's ice-cream back to the table. I have recently started making hair bows for Laiken. She told me the other day that she will make bows with me when she grows up. She is such a sweetheart. I recently got a new tattoo. It is a pink awareness ribbon for Breast Cancer. It has special meaning for me. A close friend of Trey's family here is battling breast cancer. Laiken made this comment after seeing it..."I will get a tattoo when I am older. Not now because I am still little. I know it will hurt, but not too much. When I am older, I will get a mermaid or a princess on my arm, maybe, because I like those things. But just when I get older not now. I am small now." Her exact words! (For those alarmed by her wanting a tattoo...I had 4 before I had Laiken, so they are a part of our everyday lives.) I am sure my kids will get them. I am sure I am not finished getting them. I love tattoos. And I don't mind if my kids do too. One time Laiken found a highlighter and colored her entire body. I mean literally, toes to shoulders, with the pink highlighter. She came to show me and said they were her tattoos! Too funny. I hope she doesn't take it that far, but I will still love her no matter what! (Mom, I know you are dying as you read this!!!! I love you so much! Forgive me for corrupting your grandkids!) P.S. MOM- Do you remember the first time you saw my very first tattoo?? "Please tell me that is not real!" Makes me laugh every time I think about it! Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment