background

Thursday, July 30, 2009

new firsts...

Sometime late last week Jack decided to start talking. He already had a pretty descent list of words...no, nonono, stop, don't, daddy, mama, Dylan, Laiken, Tucker, Kitty, thank you, luv you, nite nite, go go go, bye bye, hello, and maybe a few others I am forgetting. But last week he just started with sentences and phrases, and can repeat anything we say! Laiken was watching Dora and Jack said "where are we goin?" For those who don't have the pleasure of watching Dora, they sing a song about where she is going. "clap, clap, clap, Where are we going? Mermaid Kingdom!" Another day I told him Swiper no swiping (also from Dora) and he said "Aww man!" And all week long he has been singing "happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you!" over and over and over and over. Maybe if I give him a cupcake he will sing something else. LOL. But it has been really cute that he has gone from one word speech to sentences, phrases, and songs over night! I guess he is officially a toddler now. Oh how sad that makes me. We have no more babies in the house. Laiken is growing so fast, soon she will no longer be a toddler. Maybe she is not a toddler already, I just am not ready to admit it. She has started to tell stories. Her stories are long and drawn out and full of detail. And they are very interesting if you can follow them. Her memory is outstanding as well. Dylan went to a birthday party for a friend last Saturday, so I took Leigh, Blayne, and Laiken to Baskin Robbins (Jack was napping). After that we went to Wal-Mart. We were gone for about 2 1/2 hours. When we got back, Trey asked Laiken what kind of ice-cream she had. Not only did she name what color ice-cream she had, but she named the color of each of ours too!! I was shocked. I should know her memory is that good, because she always repeats what I say. I am learning to watch my mouth and not to say anything I wouldn't want her to say. LOL. She is way too smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment