background

Friday, May 20, 2011

The things that make us laugh and cry.

Tonight Jack was jumping up and down screaming, "Yes! I did it! Whoo-Hoo! Mama, give me a high five!" He was in complete celebration. So I said, "Jack, what did you do?" Jack pulled on the waist band of his pants and said, "The tag is in the back!"
Dylan has had loose tooth for weeks. Finally, the other day he pulled it out. When he got home from school, he handed me a paper that read, "Is the tooth fairy real? Circle yes or no." I turned around, trying to not laugh, and said, "Yes, of course. What do you think?" He tells me things the kids have been saying at school about it. I talked to Trey about telling him the truth because he is 10 years old. So that night I told him the truth about all of it. As I was telling him and watching his face, I teared up. I felt horrible, almost like I was ripping his childhood away from him. He was sad, but he didn't cry. The more we talked about it, the better he seemed. Ever since that conversation I get random questions. "Who eats the cookies?" "How does he get the tooth without waking me up?" "Who moved the elf?" The magic is gone. I just hope he can keep from spoiling the secret with the other 3.
I love being a Mommy!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment