background

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The First Week

Trey was given two additional days off to spend with Brynley. The guys marked it on the calendar in the office at work for everyone to see. Notice the pink flowers and "Maternity" leave. How cute! Brynley had jaundice the first week. She was put on a Billiblanket to help bring down her levels. She looked like a little gloworm in her bassinet. After a few days her levels should have come down, but for some reason they were staying high. "Some Reason" really means "Jack". At birth he was given the monumental task of creating a daily challenge for me. He keeps me on my toes for sure. On two different occasions I noticed that the dial on the front of her billiblanket machine had been turned all the way down from maximum to minimum. Once I saw this and was able to keep it on high, her jaundice levels came down to a normal level. Thanks Jack, we were out of network for the blanket and you just cost me about $300!!! God love him! I also wanted to thank everyone for doing so much for me. I have had family come over and clean my house, help with the kids, and cook us suppers. It was wonderful to have the support from everyone. I also want to thank my good friend Hillary for bringing us a delicious supper/breakfast. It was so sweet for her to think of us, and not only to bring Tetrazzini, garlic bread, and pie....But she brought cinnamon rolls for the next morning too!!! Thanks so much Hillary, we all enjoyed it very much! Trey was jealous, and I have to say he really did miss out. I was thoroughly impressed! So I have to close with one more story about my sweet angel baby Jack. Mom came over one day to help us out with something. I was nursing the baby in the living room, so I sent Laiken to open the garage. I hear it start to go up and Mom starts yelling, "Stop it, stop it, stop it". I run out to see what is going on. Jack had grabbed the bottom of the garage as it was going up. He was hanging on the garage door all the way up! When it finally stopped, he was hanging in mid air, clutching the garage for dear life (my baby is scared of heights). When Mama saw him go up she ran up the driveway (which has a really steep incline) and saved him. I am not sure what was funnier, Jack riding the garage all the way up or Mama (who has knee trouble) running/hobbling up the steep drive way to save him. I can laugh about it now, but it gave me a heart attack the day it happened. Just another day in Paradise.....

1 comment:

  1. I love the note about Trey's maternity leave. That's hilarious!

    Your children are all beautiful and so full of personality. You certainly have your hands full!

    ReplyDelete