background

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The babies aren't babies anymore...

Laiken started preschool last week. I thought I would have a really hard time with this milestone because she has spent everyday since birth with me. She was so excited about going that I decided I could not be upset about this exciting new adventure for her. She is my Little Miss Independent. Laiken loves preschool. She is happy when I drop her off and happy when I pick her up. She tells me about her day in detail. She talks about everything she did and all of the children she interacted with. She is proud to have so many friends. I am proud that she is able to remember the names of books the teacher reads, games she played, and every other small detail of her day. When she is describing her friends, she always names them by name first. Next, she will describe their hair, what they wore that day, and always adds whether or not they wore glasses. I love hearing about her day.
Today she walked in the living room, playing "teacher", and we had this conversation...
L-Who can read? Raise your hand.
Me-(raised my hand)
L-Do we talk when the teacher is talking?
Me-No.
L-Good answer. Do we talk when the teacher is reading?
Me-No.
L-Good answer. Do we mess with the lights while the teacher is reading?
Me-No (with a giggle)
L-Good answer. Do we talk when we are in line?
Me-No.
L-Good answer.
And honestly, this went on and on for about 30 min. Her voice was very stern and serious. And I was seriously cracking up.
Laiken also started ballet classes 3 weeks ago. We have had 3 classes and are on our 3rd pair of tights. My little princess absolutely adores dancing. She is the only little girl in class who cannot take her eyes off of the mirror. She makes my heart smile.
Jack is having a hard time with preschool. He wants to go with Laiken so bad. I think he is sad without her. I bought him a Thomas train and tracks on Laiken's first day of school to ease his separation anxiety. It worked for a few days. Today Trey came home from work around lunch time due to rain, and the three of us went to a catfish house for lunch. It was really special to spend time with just the three of us. With 3 kids it is rare to have one on one time with any of them, so when ever the opportunity arrives, it is definitely special.

No comments:

Post a Comment